Most of you know, as of yesterday, I no longer have a job. As upsetting as that was, I'm looking to the future. I don't want to be around people that don't care about my best interests or my well being. I don't want to be another number. I've been working very hard to re-learn who I am, and I want to surround myself with others who appreciate ME. I will not dwell on hardships, or ask WHY ME? It's not worth the time or the energy. I will be MUCH better off, and I will be HAPPY. All the money in the world can't buy happiness (although it does by things like food, and toilet paper..) and I'll be just fine. WE'LL be just fine. Because, see, I don't care how rough and bumpy the road may be, I'm going to keep on focusing on the destination. The hills we already went over?.....those are BEHIND us. Sure, there will be plenty more hills and bumps and rough spots ahead. Probably even some sticky situations since other people like to 'spit their gum' right in your path just to watch you squirm. That's ok! That's LIFE! And as I keep on walking, that gum will get covered in dirt and will lose it's stickiness. Those bumps will even out, the hills will spread into wide open fields. And that's when we'll know we're there. We're HAPPY. And everything is FINE! :)






4 comments:
Hang in there..When one door closes another door opens!
love ya,
Hill
You are so right, baby!!! The world is full of opportunities that most of us miss out on because we get too complacent in our own little boring worlds. The world is your oyster...what beautiful pearls will you discover??? Look at this as a chance to better yourself and make a FRESH new start....with your little darlings at your side!!!
So sorry to hear that Jen, but I am glad to read that you are taking it in stride. Good for you...wishing you luck and hoping and hoping that you find something even better. :0)
Great way of seeing this....and you couldn't be anymore RIGHT! You don't need that JOB...the friends you made while you were there will still be your friends! I'm just so happy that this "unexpected bump in the road" is turning out to be something that you will look back upon and thank the lord for! "He" IS watching our for you...and just when you think "he" isn't...look around you, closely..."he'll" surprise you in amazing ways! When life hands you lemons...it sounds like you already realize you will make some very yummy lemonade! :)
Post a Comment