Monday, August 9, 2010

On Our Way...

This is such an exciting time for us. This weekend, the kids and I will be packing up our clothes, necessities, SOME toys, and heading south. We're moving!!! We'll be moving in with my sister, brother-in-law, and my 2 {and 1 on the way!!!!!} nephews! My (soon-to-be, but not soon enough) ex-husband and I had actually considered the move when we were still together, but couldn't make it work. Once we split, this thought has weighed heavily on my mind. Our current town is very special to us. We are super close to my parents, the kids father and his family {this is important for the kids - not so much me!} and some very good, supportive friends. Although I have weighed this for a couple of years now, the timing couldn't be better. There really is not a question in my mind that this is the direction we're being led. Short of big, bright, blinking arrows and a voice over a loudspeaker, every sign is saying go. We'll miss our current home, neighborhood, and the closeness of those around us. We won't miss the constant reminders of the past or those that try to bring us {ME} down. Once we get settled, my oldest nephew and Jordyn will be starting preschool, and I'll drive them there, and pick them up. I'll keep Drew and my younger nephew at home, saving the money spent on childcare for myself and my sister. I'll be getting registered for classes, most likely online as much as possible, soon. I have yet to decide what I want to go back to school for, but I know for certain I need/want to go back. There are those that succeed in life without a degree. There are many, many people making lots, and Lots, and LOTS of money with no degree. However I'm not naive enough to believe this is the norm! I don't want to forever depend on others to support my family. I have for long enough, and I'm forever indebted to many of my closest family members and friends. I appreciate so much the help, support, and graciousness we've been shown in the past few years, however it's time that I take the bull by the horns. The financial aid is there, the timing is right, and I'm ready. I never want to be stuck in a position where I feel I've reached the top of the ladder. The sky is the limit, and damnit I want to climb higher!!! Jordyn is super excited to live with her cousins, aunt, uncle, and of course Oliver (the dog!) and she's absolutely stoked that we'll be playing such a huge role with baby #3! I'm excited to become even closer this part of my family, and the friends I've already made in that area. Jordyn already has met lots of kids she'll get to play with and spend loads of time with. Although it'll be an enormous adjustment for everyone involved, I wholeheartedly believe this is what is right for us. The kids will still see their dad often, and I'll be in a position to better life for all 3 of us. I can't wait to be able to stand on our own and know that we've made it. This will be the last post you see for awhile as we get moved and settled, but we'll be back with a vengeance! ;) Wish us luck, say a prayer, or flip us the bird....whatever you want to do as we drive away is fine.....but look out new neighborhood.....HERE WE COME!!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck Jen...we'll miss you in the neighborhood, but it sounds like you have a good plan! Best wishes to you and the kids! :0)

Ma Ma Rhoades said...

I certainly DO want the best for all of you.....BUT....I wish you weren't leaving...wish the circumstances weren't as they are. Now NONE of my grandbabies will be here with me. Two hours away for THIS grandma is two too many!!

Rusty, Erika, Carter and Cason Berner said...

MOM....I hear there's a gorgeous ranch on a gorgeous street in a gorgeous neighborhood that's for sale...hmmmm...coincidence?! ;)