For those of you that read my post about Depression, you may be able to guess where my path has led me in the last couple days. I said in that post, not to ever let anyone tell you depression isn't real. That it's all in your head. That you're crazy. Well, days after I wrote that post, I want to re-stress that point. DO NOT let anyone tell you it's all in your head! DO NOT let anyone tell you to suck it up! This, for me, is a deal breaker. If you can't support me, if you can't understand me, and if you can't handle me, then we need to walk away.
That's exactly what I've done. I've walked away from the relationship I was in. We had become more like friends than a couple, and we have very differing opinions on depression, among other things. I decided that the best thing for me and my kids, is to remove ourselves from the situation before it got too far. Sometimes the best decision isn't always the easiest. Sometimes people get hurt in the process of doing what's right overall. But I did what I feel needed to be done.
I sit here tonight, feeling very alone. But I know this is what had to happen. Things will get better. And sometimes you need to be alone to understand who you really are. To understand what is really, truly important in life, in a relationship, in a family. I'm preparing myself for this journey as a single mom, trying to grasp who she is. It'll be a long road, but in the end, I'll be able to love myself, and in turn, love someone else, entirely. You can't allow someone to love you if you don't love yourself. That's the road I'm traveling now. Learning to love me. Learning to live with me. Learning to like me. Learning to understand me. It's a path that I should have followed a long time ago, but the 'alone' feeling always overwhelmed me. I'm not going to let it this time. I think we're alone now, but I think this is right where we need to be!!!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
I Think We're Alone Now...
Posted by The Life and Times of 3 Biberstines! at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You are NOT alone!! Love you!!!
Post a Comment