Wednesday, February 29, 2012

'The Other Brother & Sister'

Tonight I'm going to share a little story. This is quite the interesting, imaginative story that my 3 yr old told tonight, and I actually took notes so I could post it to the blog and never forget it! Here goes...

I took the kids to my parents for dinner tonight. As we were eating, Mom and I were talking about brothers and sisters with the kids. Asking Drew if he knew who my brother & sister were, who Moms (Grandma for him) brothers and sister are, etc. He takes a bite of food, chews, and casually says "I used to have another brother and sister." Another bite of food, continuing to eat as though he hadn't said a word!! Mom and I began 'prying' for information about his other brother and sister, and it came in bits in pieces, in a different order than I'm going to share, but I'm going to try to put it together into a story form so it's easier to follow. SO... here's what we know about the other brother & sister....

Drew had a sister named Bella, that was 2, and a brother named Conway, who was 9. When we used to live in our old black house by the river in Michigan (????), they came to stay with us because they didn't have any parents. They didn't have a car, or any shoes and socks, so they just had to walk around barefoot. They climbed to the top of BIG trees, bigger than houses, and ate a lot of leaves. {Mom asked Drew why they ate leaves, and serious as could be he said "they never told me..."} They were a mom and dad, but they looked for kids to have and couldn't ever find any. {If only it were that easy to have a child, just go outside and find one!!} Drew doesn't remember them very well, because they died a couple years ago, when he was just a baby. Apparantly he had invited Grandpa (my dad) up to Michigan to our black house, but dad didn't come because it was snowing and it was Christmas. So we went to their house to open presents instead, but Bella and Conway didn't come. While we were opening presents they ate too much pink stuff...pink flamingos...and died. Now there's no more flamingos in Michigan because after Bella and Conway died, the other people shot all the flamingos.

Wow. Quite the imagination!!! We all had tears from laughing so hard by the time he was finished telling the story!!! What a character! :)


0 comments: