Alright, I weighed in at 142.6 lbs this am. That is 4.2 lbs lost after just 7 days. I feel great and I have a ton of energy. And it's only been 7 days!
Now when I first posted about starting this challenge, I said I'd fill you in on all aspects of it. Lets start with exercise. I haven't. Truly, I do love working out, and even enjoy jogging. But this week has been busy enough that I've not exercised. Aside from the norm, chasing 2 kids, pushmowing the lawn (mine is not self-propelled, it's Jen-propelled), working, cleaning, etc. Obviously exercise is important, and I'm not saying our products can replace diet and exercise. HOWEVER, 4.2 lbs in 7 days isn't too bad when I haven't done anything more than usual. Less than usual, if anything.
Moving on... Diet. I have a Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake every morning. A snack is allowed mid-morning, although I never need it. For lunch I generally have a salad... lettuce, carrots, celery, mushrooms, green onions, sunflower seeds, sometimes some turkey, grilled chicken, or hard-boiled eggs, and a low fat or fat free dressing of my choice. I like salad, so this isn't bad. I just avoid the cheese, croutons, and full fat dressings that I normally would add.
For dinner I usually try to mix it up a bit, although sometimes I do a salad for dinner too, because they're quick, easy, and good! I've eaten quite a bit of homemade vegetable soup (I can't take credit, my mom made it and gave me a HUGE container of it! But it's a healthy and good option to step away from the salad now and again), but I generally do a bit of meat with some steamed veggies. Snack-wise, IF I snack, I've been eating an orange, a hard-boiled egg or 2, or some nuts. Now yesterday was my nieces 1st birthday party, and I did cheat and eat a pink lemonade cupcake and drink a Coke Zero. I won't lie to you. BUT that's all I've cheated so far. I'm determined to lose this weight! Since so many of us are on the 24 Day Challenge that were at Campbells birthday party, (we're definitely an AdvoCare family!!) my sister found an incredible recipe online for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I don't know what website she found it on, but it's VERY good! I'll post that recipe below so you can all try it! We also had fresh fruit and fresh veggies. Now honestly, when I have a plate in front of me with a lettuce wrap, lots of fruit & veggies, I don't miss the chips/pretzels/dips/cheese/etc that I normally tend to eat! I enjoy healthy food, but for one reason or another tend to cook unhealthier foods. My kids don't complain that I'm dieting, they love fruits and veggies, they loved the soup, and I just make them a sandwich or something to go with it. My kids are the type to go to Pizza Hut and order the salad bar, so it's really pretty easy to eat healthy around here. In fact, the 3 of us tend to fight over the hardboiled eggs, celery & pb, and cucumbers!! I don't buy chips or cookies as it is, so aside from Easter candy, I don't have too much unhealthy temptation in the house, which helps also.
Now, on to the recipe!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients
1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 T plus 1/5 t peanut oil, divided
3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and diced
1 T minced fresh gingerroot
2 T rice vinegar
2 T reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
1 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup julienned green onions
12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves (We used Boston and they were perfect)
1/3 cup slice almonds, toasted
Directions
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 T oil for 3 mins; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger; cook 4-6 mins longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions, and chicken mixture.
Spoon onto lettuce leaves, sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up. Yields 6 servings.
They were fantastic! The mixture would be good just to eat on it's own, too! I can't wait to make it myself so I have leftovers! Let me know if you try it, and what you think!

Now when I first posted about starting this challenge, I said I'd fill you in on all aspects of it. Lets start with exercise. I haven't. Truly, I do love working out, and even enjoy jogging. But this week has been busy enough that I've not exercised. Aside from the norm, chasing 2 kids, pushmowing the lawn (mine is not self-propelled, it's Jen-propelled), working, cleaning, etc. Obviously exercise is important, and I'm not saying our products can replace diet and exercise. HOWEVER, 4.2 lbs in 7 days isn't too bad when I haven't done anything more than usual. Less than usual, if anything.
Moving on... Diet. I have a Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake every morning. A snack is allowed mid-morning, although I never need it. For lunch I generally have a salad... lettuce, carrots, celery, mushrooms, green onions, sunflower seeds, sometimes some turkey, grilled chicken, or hard-boiled eggs, and a low fat or fat free dressing of my choice. I like salad, so this isn't bad. I just avoid the cheese, croutons, and full fat dressings that I normally would add.
For dinner I usually try to mix it up a bit, although sometimes I do a salad for dinner too, because they're quick, easy, and good! I've eaten quite a bit of homemade vegetable soup (I can't take credit, my mom made it and gave me a HUGE container of it! But it's a healthy and good option to step away from the salad now and again), but I generally do a bit of meat with some steamed veggies. Snack-wise, IF I snack, I've been eating an orange, a hard-boiled egg or 2, or some nuts. Now yesterday was my nieces 1st birthday party, and I did cheat and eat a pink lemonade cupcake and drink a Coke Zero. I won't lie to you. BUT that's all I've cheated so far. I'm determined to lose this weight! Since so many of us are on the 24 Day Challenge that were at Campbells birthday party, (we're definitely an AdvoCare family!!) my sister found an incredible recipe online for Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I don't know what website she found it on, but it's VERY good! I'll post that recipe below so you can all try it! We also had fresh fruit and fresh veggies. Now honestly, when I have a plate in front of me with a lettuce wrap, lots of fruit & veggies, I don't miss the chips/pretzels/dips/cheese/etc that I normally tend to eat! I enjoy healthy food, but for one reason or another tend to cook unhealthier foods. My kids don't complain that I'm dieting, they love fruits and veggies, they loved the soup, and I just make them a sandwich or something to go with it. My kids are the type to go to Pizza Hut and order the salad bar, so it's really pretty easy to eat healthy around here. In fact, the 3 of us tend to fight over the hardboiled eggs, celery & pb, and cucumbers!! I don't buy chips or cookies as it is, so aside from Easter candy, I don't have too much unhealthy temptation in the house, which helps also.
Now, on to the recipe!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients
1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 T plus 1/5 t peanut oil, divided
3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and diced
1 T minced fresh gingerroot
2 T rice vinegar
2 T reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
1 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup julienned green onions
12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves (We used Boston and they were perfect)
1/3 cup slice almonds, toasted
Directions
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 T oil for 3 mins; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger; cook 4-6 mins longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions, and chicken mixture.
Spoon onto lettuce leaves, sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up. Yields 6 servings.
They were fantastic! The mixture would be good just to eat on it's own, too! I can't wait to make it myself so I have leftovers! Let me know if you try it, and what you think!




2 comments:
Keep at it....totally worth it!! :)
You are doing AWESOME Jen...and it definitely shows!! As for the healthy eating, like you said, it REALLY is NOT hard to do. Surround yourself with good food choices, and they become your preference. Those chicken wraps....AWESOME alos! I made them Tuesday night! Yummy for the tummy...............
Post a Comment