Friday, November 20, 2009

My Stand on the Soapbox

Here's your warning. This isn't one of my normal posts. No pictures, no funny stories, not the good stuff. My Blog says it's about the good, the BAD, and the just plain funny. Well tonight I feel like I just want to vent. If you don't want to keep reading, don't! If you don't want to hear my whining, don't! If you think I complain too much, stop reading! But this is my blog, and I feel like getting some stuff off my chest!! That being said, I don't plan on this being a big sob story either...and I'm sure much of it will be pure sarcasm. That's my second language, for those of you that didn't know!!! Anyway...if it makes sense to you, great, if not, sorry...guess you had to be in my head!! :) Here goes...

~ Although I understand that it may well be the end of YOUR world if your cat has fleas, it's not the end of mine. In fact, I don't actually even care. Not even a little bit. I have bigger fish to fry!!!

~ I know that it probably does suck to get your $50 Willow Bend bill each month, or to make the payment on your brand new truck, however do you want to know what sucks worse? It's not being able to HAVE a willow bend bill, or a brand new truck payment. It's when you have to buy the small pack of diapers instead of the big box. When you buy a half gallon of milk to get through the week instead of a whole gallon. When you have to overdraw your account to put gas in the car. That, my friends, sucks. That's real, that's life!!!

~ I see how irritating it can be that you may have to clean your whole house. That you have to get your 4 story, 52 bedroom house sparkly clean while your husbands at work and your kids at school. Before you can have your entire extended family and all of your neighbors over for Thanksgiving dinner. Just be happy that you can buy everything to make that dinner for that many guests. Or that you have a house big enough to fit all those guests. Hell, even just try to be thankful for the fact that you have so many friends and family to invite!!!

~ I'm pretty sure that many people thought I couldn't do better than what I had. Thought I had it all. Hell, most days I thought I had it all. But guess what!! I still have it all!!!!!!! I may not have my house, most of my possessions, my nice big back yard, one of my dogs, or my marriage. But what I do have is the best friends anyone could ask for. The best family anyone could dream of. The best 2 children God has ever loaned anyone. A place to call home. A bed to sleep in. Food on the table. A nice car to drive. A job that pays. Clothes to wear. Get my drift? Who the hell cares how big your house is, how comfy your mattress is, what brand of cheese you eat or pop you drink, what make or model your car is, what brand your clothes are. Honestly, who cares how much money you make! The more you make, the more you spend. Believe me. Material things aren't shit in life. It's that stuff you can't see. The things you can't touch. The relationships that you can feel but can't hold on to. The people that matter will be NEXT to you until the end. The people that don't, won't. The saying is 'You don't know what you've got till it's gone.' Actually, I think it should be "you don't know what you've got till the rest of the shits gone'!

~ I am still legally married. Legally, not mentally or emotionally. Definately not physically. This being said, for those of you that didn't know, I am dating. Most of you probably don't know I dated a guy for a bit and met a couple of others. I'm now seeing someone I was friends with in high school. Funny how things can end up. Nothing is serious, but I just want to get that out there. Call it what you want. Approve, or don't. I don't care. I'm happy, and there 'ain't nobody gonna take that away from me!!! :) A marriage can be over LONG before it's legally over. Believe me, cheating is WRONG. This, however, is not cheating in my mind. If it is in yours, I'll send you a postcard from hell! lol Just kidding, but honestly, you don't have to approve, you just have to deal with it!

~Coughing for a day or 2, or sneezing more than normal doesn't automatically mean you have the swine flu. And guess what! Even if you do, the cards are stacked in your favor. Odds are, you won't die! Do you hear that everyone? If I throw up 3 times in 1 week, I will probably live until Thanksgiving! Maybe even Christmas! Hell, I probably have a few more decades left to WORRY about it! :) Bottom line is, wash your hands, drink some orange juice, eat a banana. If that doesn't fix it, drink a beer. If you take my advice and die from the swine flu, I apologize. However I won't have to hear you say "I told you so!".....

I think I'm finished! lol I didn't write this to step on any toes. And if you read this, and take offense, I'm sorry. If you read this and know for sure I was aiming something in this post at you ~ Well, then I didn't know you read my blog! HA!! I just get sick of hearing about such petty shit in peoples lives. I know everyone is dealt a different hand. What's difficult and clear as mud to me may be simple and cut and dried for someone else. My problems are not yours, and vice versa. Believe me I know there are MANY people that have it worse. I could name a LOT right now! I am not trying to get your pity, or your money! I just get so sick of trying to keep a smile on my face and leave my personal life at my door when I keep getting thrown back under the bus.

I still love to talk to people, and I'm still a shoulder for anyone that needs one. You can even complain about the petty crap in your life. We all do. It's just when it's the same people day after day, trying to play victim time and time again! Get over it! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on the horse! OR back in the car! OR back in your brand new truck! lol Mourn and move on! :) There are SO many doors open ahead of you and SO much sunshine headed your way...you just have to put the umbrella away and brave the storm. Believe me...that rainbow at the end? Ohh is it ever worth the wait!!!!!

5 comments:

Rusty, Erika, Carter and Cason Berner said...

You go girl! I was familiar with 1 of the jabs...not sure about the others. Keep your face to the sunshine...life is much brighter that way!
Love ya

Ma Ma Rhoades said...

Stand strong.....keep your face to the sunshine, and you'll never see your shadow. There IS light and a rainbow at the end of "your tunnel"!!! I prefer to see your smile...and you DO have a lot to smile about.
XOXOXOXOX

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Amen sister! So glad you are happy. You so deserve it! Love you girl!

Michelle said...

Get it out there girl...we'll cheer ya on and support you know matter what you're feeling! Only you know what it feels like to go through what you're going through and you are entitled to go through it any way you want! Love ya!

Jerry, Chantal & The Girl Gang said...

I LOVE YOUR POST!!! You said it all so well! I don't fully know all of it either, which I don't need to, but amazingly I can think of some of those people! You are such a strong YOUNG woman that you are headed for such great things...it just is crap that you have to go through so much before you get to it! You will make it...you have 2 adorable motivators! Thanks for brining them to break! I love seeing them! Love & Hugs!