Thursday, June 30, 2011

Just A Dream

This morning, at approximately 3:13 am (not that I was keeping track..) I woke up to a little man standing next to my bed. He was about 3 yrs of age, blonde hair, blue eyes, wearing Elmo jammies... I recognized him right away, although I was completely in the dark (literally) as to why he was standing 6 inches from my face glaring at me. The following is a close rendition of our conversation:






Me: "Bubba, what are you doing?! Why are you staring at me?!"




Drew: "You forgot to put sunblock on me."




Me: "Huh?!"




Drew: "I said you forgot to put sunblock on me."




Me: *keep in mind it's 3:13 am and I was just startled awake* "Drewie I have no idea what you're talking about!"




Drew: "I SAID YOU FORGOT TO PUT SUNBLOCK ON ME!"




Me: "sunblock?! I forgot to put sunblock on you?! Bubby it's 3:00 in the morning and it's dark out. We didn't even play outside tonight. Why do you need sunblock?"




Drew: *with an extremely confused look on his face as he's realizing he's supposed to be in bed* "But if we play outside tomorrow I will need sunblock on me."

*at this point, I walked him into the bathroom, we put the sunblock on the counter where we'd remember to put it on in the morning, and he went back to bed. Just a dream, I guess. A very random, silly dream!




Drew is.... Winning!