Friday, January 2, 2009

Let the countdown begin!!

That's right, people, only 11 days until my birthday, and really actually closer to 10 days away!! I know, I know, you are all excited, but we have a few more days to wait!! :)

ANYWAY.... it's now January, and many of you know, that usually brings a sick child our way. This year is no exception! We took Jordyn to the doctor this morning because she had a VERY rough couple of days. She's been very grumpy and ouchy, but also was starting to get red, seepy eyes and I saw her grab at her ear a couple of times. She has her first ear infection! We got a 2 prescriptions, one for her ear, and one for her eyes and any congestion. Well, the pharmacy didn't carry the one for her eyes, so they are getting it in and we can pick it up Monday. Not bad, right? ? WRONG! Nothing is ever quite THAT easy for us!! We went home and gave her the first dose of the antibiotic, and within 15 minutes she was saying "Look, Mommy, I'm all red and bumpy!" Yep, HIVES!!! We called the doctor back right away, and had to go back to the pharmacy. They called in a new med and we started Benedryl for the hives, (which should hopefully also help with her eyes). She got the first dose of the second med, and has now had 2 doses of Benedryl. She's in bed, but seemed to be doing better. The hives were few and far between, anyway, she's still GRUMPY though!! Can't blame her, ear infections hurt and the Benedryl is making her drowsy and ouchy. Poor girl!! Any prayers you want to send her way would certainly be appreciated!!

Hopefully this second med will work and once we get the other one on Monday, she'll be a brand new girl! I hope you all had an awesome New Year and continue to have a WONDERFUL 2009!!!



1 comments:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Poor Jordyn! We will keep her in our prayers. Our little Noah is sick too. I've decided there's nothing worse than having a sick child. I can't believe you have to wait until Monday to get her meds! Ugh!