Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drews 1st Day!

As you read in my last post, Drew started preschool yesterday! I am in total shock that my BABY is in school now. Seriously, where does the time go?!? Oy Vey!!!



Anyway, this past Thursday, he got to go meet his teachers and see his classroom. He was somewhat hesistant to go, shy when we got there, but once he warmed up he didn't want to leave. {as in, cried when we left!!} Then yesterday was his first day. I was kind of worried how he'd do, seeing as how big of a challenge bible school was! But not this time, he grabbed his teachers hand, said "Bye Mommy" and walked away! Not a tear! Such a big boy now...I'm proud of him, but it still kinda breaks my heart too!



When I picked him up from school, he seemed tired, bummed out, or both. I asked what was wrong, and he about started crying. He was upset because his teachers kept his school supplies. They took them out of his bookbag, and he didn't know why or where they put them. So funny! I was trying to explain that we took supplies so he can use them there all year. He didn't understand, so I had to change the subject to what he liked BEST about school! That brightened him up... he said he liked playing outside with all his friends {AWW!!!} and eating {go figure!}. "I ate lunch- chicken, green beans {which he refuses to eat at home!}, a breadstick, and jello. And I had cheez-its! And I had a snack- a cookie!" I've always told you my son likes his food, and apparantly he's happy as long as he gets to eat! Such a character, this boy is!




Enjoy a few pictures of Drews first school experience!




This was at his open house. He was super excited that they had so many hats and helmets to wear, and toy phones to talk on!






Standing by his cubby on his first day! He wasn't real impressed to be stopped for a picture!



This was in the driveway before school. Somebody was slightly excited....


0 comments: