Ok, I know I sent this picture to a lot of you, but not ALL of you! I think everyone needs to see this. Mom, the KIDS and I went to Toys R Us this past weekend. As we were browsing around the store, I noticed THIS Barbie among a whole display of them. I guess this is part of the 'Americas Next Top Model' Barbie collection. I don't care who or what it is supposed to represent. I don't care about the color of her skin or the shape of her face. I care about the fact that my 4 year old daughter love LoVe LOVES Barbies, along with the majority of other little girls her age and older. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but childhood is a very impressionable part of life. Probably more-so than adulthood. I understand that times have changed. I understand that when Barbies first came out, people were horrified by the fact that she was so 'mature'. Now, we've come to accept that. I mean maybe she went to visit Dr 90210 and have a little Nip Tuck...who knows! But I'm not worried about my daughter wanting a chest like Barbie. However, when they sell some Barbies with matching child-size outfits so kids can dress like their Barbie, and then have this on this shelf next to it, something just screams WRONG to me!!
We shall call her Provacitive Barbie! Or maybe Super Seductive Barbie....and if you squeeze her hand she says "Say Hello to my little Friends"........





0 comments:
Post a Comment